Google+ is the latest challenger to Facebook. While Facebook is still miles ahead of Google+, many of you would prefer to have accounts on both these social networking sites. And if you are one of those, and looking for a way to transfer your contacts, photos and videos then here is a way to get it done.
Before telling you the method to transfer friends, let me clarify that your friends should have both, a Google+ account and a Yahoo account. Moreover, you should also have a Yahoo account. If you don’t have one then create it now and follow these steps:
1. Login to your Yahoo account.
2. Import contacts from Facebook via “Import Contacts” option.
3. Login to Google+.
4. Select circles tab.
5. Hit “Find and Invite” and then click Yahoo button.
This will add many of your Facebook friends to your Google+ account. Since you have added your friends, now you can look to transfer your photos and videos as well. In order to do so you can use either a Google Chrome extension called Move2Picasa or Firefox add-on called Photo Importer.
2. Click on Move2Picasa/Photo Importer icon present in extension bar and login to Facebook account.
3. Select and upload the desired photos and wait until the process completes.
4. Login to Google+ and change the newly uploaded album’s privacy settings, as they will be private by default.
Note: Photo Importer will import one album at a time.
Now comes the video part which is the most time consuming of all. This method is not recommended if you already have all your Facebook videos saved on your computer, else read on.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Go to Account >> Account Settings.
3. Click on “Learn More” present next to “Download Your information”.
4. Hit “Download” button.
5. Once the process is finished you will receive an email about the same, from where you can download all your Facebook videos.
6. Login to your Google+ account.
7. Go to “Videos” and click “Upload New Videos”.
8. Now manually upload all the videos to your Google+ account.
At the moment there is no easy way of syncing Facebook and Google+. We will update you as soon as we find something new and easy. You can also contribute by letting us know about any new method of syncing these two social networking giants’ account.
Check Out Related Posts: