New method of jailbreaking/hacking PlayStation 3 has been surfaced through which you can use your Android Mobiles like HTC Desire, Nexus One with root access to jailbreak your PS3. Using this you will also be able to backup your precious Blu-ray games on PS3 (requires download manager patch).
How to Jailbreak PS3 Using Android Mobiles (HTC Desire, Nexus One)
- Download PSFreedom and extract the file
- Now place file named N1-CM6-PSFreedom.tar.gz to the phone’s memory card
- Download this flashable boot.img
- Enter Recovery mode and flash the file named PS3-signed.zip
- Reboot the device
- Now Using the Terminal Emulator type this
- Now Turn off your PS3 Slim by killing power at the power socket and connect your Android mobile via USB.
- Turn on PS3 by pressing power and eject button respectively in quick succession.
- Now you should be able see “Install Package files” in the PS3 XMB menu
- Congrats your PS3 has now been jailbreaked.
How to get the phone back to previous state.
Download this file named PS3-no-more-signed.zip and flash into this file by going to recovery mode.
PSFreedom ports for Samsung Galaxy S and PSP are also under development and would be available soon.
Video of Hacked PS3 using rooted Nexus One
Check Out Related Posts:
- Download Flash Player for Android 2.2 [Froyo]
- Download Android 2.2 Froyo For Nexus One
- Official Twitter Client for Android Mobiles
- Firefox Fennec for Android Download
- iPhone 3GS Jailbreak Tutorial Windows XP/Vista [Jailbreak Instructions]