The notification area, next to the Windows System Clock was one of the appealing change in Windows 7 , it provides you important and useful icons of application running on your system in the back ground. Some people might want to hide the icons to gain some extra space, if you are one of those people and want to get rid of the area all together, follow the instructions below.
Remove the Notification Area in Windows 7
- Press windows + R to get the Run command box.
- Type regedit and press enter.
- Now in the registory editor navigate to the key :: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer
- in the right hand side window, right click at any empty space of the window and from the right context menu create a new 32-bit DWORD. Name the DWORD to NoTrayItemsDisplay and give it value 1. This will hide the Notification Area.
- Click OK and restart your system for the changes to take effect. The notification area will no longer be visible to you.
To get the notification back just toggle the value again to 0.
Check Out Related Posts:
- Download Aerobar To Show Titles in Windows 7 Explorer Bar
- All New Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Customize Windows 7 Logon UI Background
- Find Hidden Themes in Windows 7
- Completely Remove Security Applications in Windows 7