Gmail is one of the most popular and commonly used email service, today its users are being greeted by a new look of Gmail which is the result of recently made improvements in interface. You can now access your contacts and tasks directly from the left navigation bar from where you access your mails. These changes were made to gmail after carefully analyzing the user feedback.
Apart from the contacts option being attached to navigation bar other introduced features that will benefit user are:
- Contacts look more like mail with Keyboard shortcuts, for full list go to Contacts and hit “?”.
- Sort by last name, can be accessed under “More actions”.
- Custom labels for phone numbers and other fields but ActiveSync for iPhone and Blackberry Sync does not support custom labels.
- The ability to undo changes you’ve just made so that you do not have to repeat the whole action
- Automatic saving helps you to save contacts as you type.
- Structured name fields, so you can adjust titles, suffixes, and other name components.
- A bigger, more prominent notes field.
For more information on the new features visit Gmail Official Blog.
Check Out Related Posts:
- BlackBerry to launch Curve 8310 with Satellite Navigation Technology
- Some ways to load Gmail faster
- WordPress 2.6 + Improved Vertical Navigation = WordPress 2.7
- GeeMail – Desktop Client for Gmail
- Latest Technology News and Updates This Week