Tutorial: How to Hack PSP 3004 [Latest PSP SLIM Hacking Guide]

7 August 2009 By Shashank

After a long wait I finally decided to hack my PSP 3004 with custom firmware to enable the homebrew goodness, If you have been waiting for easy beginner’s guide on how to soft mod PSP 3004, then here is a way  to go, I will be providing you a easy step by step tutorial/guide to hack the PSP 3004 with custom firmware that will allow you to run homebrew applications, emulators, ISO/CSO backup of games that will increase your PSP experience manifold.

Step by step guide to hack PSP 3004

Pre requirements and getting ready

• PSP 3004 and USB data cable
  • Full Charge your PSP battery
  • You must have PSP firmware less than or 5.03, if you have higher firmware, then you are out of luck as there is no way to downgrade firmware as of now.
  • Original Sony Pro Duo memory stick or Sandisk Pro Duo memory stick, I used Sandisk 8 GB Pro Duo

Important Note: If you don’t have original Pro Duo card for your PSP, I recommend not to use my tutorial, as chances of data corruption and reading errors while hacking might brick your PSP 3004 and currently there is no way to unbrick PSP 3004.

How to check if your Pro Duo is original:

Go to memory stick, press Triangle button on your PSP, then go to Information, press X, if MagicGate Supported, then you have the original Pro Duo card, if its MagicGate: Unknown or anything else, 100% chance is that you have a fake memory stick Pro Duo.

• Lets begin the PSP 3004 Hack : Upgrade Firmware to 5.03 (STEP 1)

First you have to upgrade your PSP firmware to 5.03, Download this 5.03 Firmware file, connect your PSP to PC in USB mode, Double click on downloaded exe file. It will copy firmware data EBOOT.PBP on your PSP, Now go to GAME -> Memory stick -> Firmware 5.03 -> Press X , this will upgrade the firmware to original 5.03 firmware in a couple of minutes.

• PSP 3004 Hacking Tutorial: Installing ChickHEN R2 (STEP 2)

Download ChickHEN R2, extract to PSP 3000 folder on desktop and double click on EZ503HenSLIMversion.exe, it will bring up this

PSP 3000 hacking tutorial

Connect your PSP and click Install, It will copy necessary files to your PSP

Press O to disconnect from USB mode and go to PHOTO -> Memory stick->ChickHEN -> Press X -> PSP will boot in ChickHEN R2 mode, you can verify this by going to System-> System Information , it will show ChickHEN 5.03 now

• PSP SLIM Hacking Tutorial: Install 5.03GEN-a Custom Firmware (STEP 3)

Once you have ChickHEN 5.03 now you can go forward and install 5.03GEN-a, which will allow you to run ISO/CSO image backups of your PSP games on PSP 3004.

Download PSP 5.03 Custom firmware

Extract the files to PSP 3000 folder on desktop

PSP 3000 HACK files

Double click on Launch-Me.exe, Enter the letter of your PSP memory card, In mine it was E, click START.

PSP 3000 hacking tutorial CFW GUI

Files will be copied on your PSP, wait 20 seconds. Disconnect from USB mode, go to Game -> Memory card -> INSTALLER LOADER -> Press L or R Trigger -> Press O to boot in custom firmware

Congrats, You have successfully hacked your PSP 3004.

Try not to restart or shut down your PSP, you will be saving a lot of trouble

Note: This hack will be gone once you restart your PSP, so keep your PSP in suspend/standby mode.

Whats Next:

Read these tutorials: How to Play ISO/CSO Games on PSP 3000 and How to Backup PSP UMD Games

If you restart/shutdown your PSP, you have to repeat from STEP 2 again. This might be painful till eternity if you did not follow correctly.

Remove the h.bin and egghund.bin manually

use EZ503HenSLIMversion.exe to copy the files to your PSP again(see Step 2), shut down your PSP and Start it again, as standby won’t work, Now go to PHOTOS and wait for 5 seconds, Press X, ChickHEN should load up, if its not then try again. I got it working again after some 20 tries.

Now follow Step 2 for CFW, but without pressing L or R trigger just press O  button  and it will load custom firmware for you. You just revived your PSP with CFW

ChickHEN R2 not loading: Try these steps, only  once

• Format your original memory card, fake ones won’t work properly
  • Restore to Default settings
  • Check if ‘UMD Auto-Start and UMD Cache’ are set to off
  • Remove your Pro Duo card and Insert again
  • Restart your PSP

Follow STEP 2 again, wait for 5 seconds before going in chickHEN images and Just keep trying this until it works.

This guide can be used to hack PSP 3000 all versions and PSP 2000 having TA-088v3 motherboard with firmware version 5.03

I begin this hack with PSP 3004 firmware 5.01on Windows XP SP3.

Let me know if you face any problems.

Major Update:

For PSP 3000 on GEN-A: 5.03 with GEN-B for Latest Games

Install Latest GEN-C Custom Firmware

Read PSP Hacking FAQs if you have doubts

If you need quick help – Simply ask your questions by posting thread at our PSP discussion forums

1. iPod Touch 2G Untethered Jailbreak Tutorial for Windows XP and Windows Vista
  2. How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G in Windows XP/ Vista Master Tutorial
  3. Sony PSP-3000 Ratchet & Clank Entertainment Pack First Shots
  4. Sony PSP 3000 is now Hackable using Datel Lite Blue Tool Service Mode Battery
  5. PSP 3000 Launched Officially, Black PSP Bundle will Release in November
Miscellaneous, Software 735 comments

Comments

3d game creation says:

very nice tutorial, i might need it cause i’m planning to buy a psp next month

Devanshu says:

u have given something very good for a PSP can u tell me that the hacking is the same thing as crack?.
Which thing would u prefer PSP3000 or a Nintendo WII?
please tell me

@3D Game Creation
I am sure this tutorial will help you a lot, once you get your psp

@Devanshu
Hacking and cracking are pretty much similar in this case, as you can also see it as a tutorial for PSP 3000 crack to play/run homebrew games/application

PSP 3000 and Nintento Wii are two different products and each has its own fan following and both are selling quite good. If you need personal entertainment, go for PSP 3000, if you need something that you can enjoy with your family go for a Wii.

abhinav says:

thank you Shashank. :smile: i liked the guide you published.but what is the meaning of bricking?

kacong says:

i have alitle problem in step 2.I have been to PHOTO -> Memory stick->ChickHEN -> Press X -> PSP screen show me system memory is low..this what happend??

I use memory 4GB,,this problem from my memory or psp??
Thanks….

@Abhinav
Bricking means your PSP will be rendered useless like a brick and you have to take it to Sony service center.

@Kacong
its not a problem with your memory card or PSP just restart your PSP to clear your system memory, before trying again.

kacong says:

thank you Shashank.
how to restart my psp?
restart meaning same with Restore to Default settings,or difrent?

zia says:

man this thing is really tempting to do but the problem is. if some thing happens to my psp i am dead. will this thing really help me and is this the same thing that allows you to play games via memorycard plz reply need serious help thanks

zia says:

i am havin a problem wid step 2 its like in photo i click on hen images the psp goes off and when i open it nothin hapens what should i do should i keep trin or give it a break

MARK says:

this is all a fake i tried but now my psp doesnot start

@kacong
Just slide the PSP power button upwards and hold it there for a few seconds, it will shut down itself, turn it on again. To standby just do a quick slide upwards.

@Ziya
Ya, you should keep trying, just remember to restart and remove memory stick before each try. It is hit and trial method. I have been able to boot into ChickHen R2 after 20 tries during first time, 3 tries second time, 7 tries 3rd time, there is no perfect way, you have to try again and again.. and do read the second half of tutorial again.

@Mark
care to explain what you did?

MARK says:

i did what u told me my old buddy i thought u would recognize me u dont remember do u

neon4 says:

can i play downloaded ISO games with this hack or does it just support homebrew applications?

neon4 says:

i have problem in step 2, i go to photo – memory stick – chickhen but there are only some pictures and the last one is weird always i want to open the last one psp will shut down and those 4 pictures look like roasted egg. what should i do?

MARK says:

SAME PROBLEM LIKE NEON 4

neon4 says:

and…. i know im the worst noob ever ok :D but why should i have all those files in some psp 3000 folder, does it really matters where those files are put?

zia says:

thanks man it did work out but its got some limitations hey but what gives i dont have to buy any umds any more and i can save my money thanks shashank for explaining in simple steps

PHOTO -> Memory stick->ChickHEN -> Press X -> PSP will boot in ChickHEN R2 mode

i do:
PHOTO -> Memory stick->ChickHEN -> Press X -> 5 pictures show up (4 like egg, 5th like some crap, only squares and this pic has a name ,,slim” in TIFF format -> after several seconds my psp crushes and i have to turn it back on

imran says:

one of my friend cracked my psp 3004 and put some games on memory card on my sys it shows 5.03 GEN-A (FULL) AND there are two files in the memory card CFWENABLER XENOGEAR & BECUS25 AND PSP UPDATE VER 5.03… PLZ HELP ME HOW CAN I PUT THE GAMES IN MEMORY CARD WITH OUT OTHERS HELP.

zia says:

NEON4 wait for a few seconds before goin to PHOTOS and dont select anything just go on the last pic below the roasted eggs then u see some lines and the psp reboots and remember u have to keep doing it again and again i got it done in about 15 tries and never switch off ur psp its really painfull to install it if it goes again.TIP:always keep the installations file in ur psp as a back up and doing so u do not have to connect ur psp to the computer again

neon4 says:

wait a second, you’re telling me it does not switch off? it always does, i just open the chikhen folder and after a few seconds it crushes, but wait… you managed point about keeping instalation files of chick hen in my psp folder, not on the desktop so have i to put it in my memory card?

neon4 says:

i dont want to play spamer or anything like that, but it’s really my 50th try now, i’m worried i’m gonna break my psp if i keep doing this. it does not do anything, just keep crushing, always when are those pictures loading in that line each one bellow (you know..) it simply crushes and that’s all….

zia says:

no no the chic hen stuff the pics got the hacking stuff keep them it comes handy it happend to me too man it switches off but dont worry u see the last pic with some bars its name slim. thats the real thing. before doing anything
on ur psp wait for a few minutes
go to photos select the hen folder and go to the last pic and dont press x wait for a few seconds if ur psp get the lines like bars then it will reboot other wise keep trin look at me man i hacked my psp yesterday just keep tryin

neon4 says:

ok, i’ll keep doing it. hopefully it will work:) thx for your advices :)

MARK says:

hey neon4 what u r doing is right just go on doing it but u have to time it properly.

imran says:

plz help me neon i want to download plz say how can i do it . I was told not to connect the psp to computer so i purchased card reader

@Zia
I am glad it worked for you.

@Neon

Read the part of tutorial after “Remove the h.bin and egghund.bin manually”

try these steps to load chickHEN quickly:
Remove memory card and insert again before each try
Shut down and restart your psp manually again before going to chickHEN folder
Before going into chickHEN give it 3-4 seconds before pressing X
And yes do not press X once you are in ChickHEN images, wait for it to load, you can try toggling up and down in the images though.

and if you guys got any sure shot method to load chickHEN plz share with us.

Tricks to load chickHEN R2:

I’ve been able to load chickHEN upto 5-6 times now, everytime its a different approach, only things common to my approach are :
removal of pro duo card
shut down of psp – (this is because chickHEN loads into PSP RAM and after restart it gets clear, system low memory error will not show up)
and waiting for 3-4 seconds before going into chickHEN
and then Press X just after egg image shows up on folder, for some people it work by pressin X just when select menu pops up.

neon4 says:

no, it doesn’t work for me, i am trying it over and over but nothing happens. it always restarts but with no effect. no stripes, no squares after every restart i remove memory stick, then i switch the psp on then i put in the memory card, and again the same way to photo, waiting 3 seconds but no effect i dont know how many tries i did this. i dont know what i am doing wrong. i watched some videos on youtube and there it loaded after max. 2 tries and i was doing it just the same way.

neon4 says:

and i cant find any part of tutorial with “Remove the h.bin and egghund.bin manually” and i dont have any egghund.bin folder in my psp because in the rar file there wasn’t any, i just installed it and it copied h.bin into my psp memory card…..

neon4 says:

omg i got that chickhen people, yea… but i did it a little bit different way than in the tutorial. i wasn’t i reapeat i wasn’t doing any reboots or memory card removing or 3-4 seconds waiting all you have to do is
Photo -> Memory Stick -> ChickHEN -> Open (try it fast) -> and very fast scroll down to the last picture ,,slim” if it doesnt work try it again, only 2 tries were necessary to load the chickhen this way.

neon4 says:

i have only one question. i have to put my psp only into a sleep mode and whaz about those files? h.bin, slim etc. can i remove them now from my memory stick? or are they necessary for working?

cool boy says:

hey i have psp 3004 can it b hack…?? :shock:

cool boy says:

i mean r u sure this will create no probs…??

bcoz i dont want to take any risk…

@Neon

Finally it worked for you, congrats

and let the files be there… just don’t do anything you aren’t sure of.

and this is your first time you have loaded chickHEN, once you restart your PSP, chikcHEN loading steps won’t be as easy as you are saying.

@Coolboy

Yes PSP 3000 can be hacked.. about problems.. you need to have patience ..
live example: read all the Neon4 comments and finally he succeeded in loading chickHEN after more than 50 tries.

If you are newbie, i suggest you read the tutorial and comments multiple times before trying anything on your PSP 3000.

neon4 says:

yes, this hacking was brutally testing my patience :D but now i have it fully hacked and i play some ISO/CSO games downloaded form internet, but the step 2 is the worst one. btw very helpful tutorial, thank you a lot for making that man. bless you :D

richard says:

can i have your yahoo messanger so that you can guide me,plssssss

imran says:

plzzzzzzzz can any one help

imran says:

tell me the website where can i download game from in psp 3004 carcked version

@Richard
this post is a guide, if you need help just ask your questions in comments.

@Imran
the backup games should be in ISO folder in the root of your memory card in your PSP… and also discussion about pirated games and how to download them are not allowed here.

Steve says:

has anyone tried playing iso/cso games yet after hacking the psp? Is it working?

neon4 says:

yes i tried it, it works 100% guarantee, now i have about 4 ISO and one CSO games in my memory card and it’s working very good, much better than UMD (faster, more battery energy etc.) but i dont understand the difference between CSO and ISO only that CSO games have much less MB

cool boy says:

but if i put the firmware n chick hen into my psp after that can i remove it…??

richard says:

im buying my psp today and they say that its 5.3 version.should i still install the chickhen R2?

neon4 says:

do it step by step as it’s written in the tutorial after you have it fully hacked DO NOT remove those h.bin or egghound.bin files from your psp or any other files you put there while hacking it. iam not sure if its being there is necessary for working but if it works with those files in it why should you remove them?

richard:
is it 5.3 version or 5.03 version? if it’s 5.3 version you’re very unlucky because version 5.3 is not hackable still and you have to wait till some hacking team will realease some programmes. the 5.03 version is the latest hackable version of psp

richard says:

its a 5.03 version do i have to install the chickhen 5.03 version?

Steve says:

Cool! Cant wait to try.. now as richard said.. wat if the new psp is already loaded with a firmware 5.3 .. Will it be still hackable :?: is there any difference between 5.3 and 5.03 :?:

richard:
hm i might not understand you.
1.) install 5.03 update – tutorial(you already have it so forget about the step one)
2.) install chickhen – tutorial
3.) hack your psp with 5.03 GEN-A hack stuff

resort = now you can play all ISO/CSO downloaded games, install some homebrew (very useful fan made) applications

note = you must not switch the psp off, just put it into sleep mode or you’re risking breaking your psp

steve:
no, you dont have to wait, actually i hade psp with firmware 2.60 and i had to upgrade it by myself trough downloading it from the internet, it’s easy, original firmwares are from SONY developers and they recommend to keep updating your psp. it’s like windows update but for your psp

5.3 is newer than 5.03
5.3 IS NOT HACKABLE / CAN NOT BE HACKED
5.03 is older than 5.3
5.03 can be hacked and how to do it is written in this tutorial

ps – please dont ask the same questions over and over

neon4 says:

shashank am i right? or do i understand it wrong?

richard says:

so i cant not turn off my psp anymore? or ever? just sleep mode,what if it runs out of battery?

richard:
yes iam solving the same problem, you just have to pay attention on your battery status, if it runs out of power and after charging you restart it, you’re in the ***hole

Steve says:

thanks for the info.. bt if you dont mind.. one last question.. what firmware is preinstalled when buying a new psp 3004.. the ones in retail showrooms now.. hope its not 5.3..

richard says:

do u think that there will be a solution for that problem in the near future?

steve:
i dont know what firmware is pre-installed for new psp 3000 from sony. i know it was 2.60 in winter this year, but the newest firmware now is 5.50 i guess. there’s a chance of downgrading to older version but iam not sure if it’s possible for the new firmwares (same problem as hacking) or you need to wait till it gets hacked

richard:
yes i think so, it’s only about time till some hackers realease new hacking guide with new software for newer version of firmware or realease some upgrade for the older ones like solving problem like this about switching off

zia says:

download games from http://www.gamestorrents.com its free via torrents i have downloaded 3 games and they r working excellent have fun

neon4 says:

you can download pirated copies of games of any type (PS3, PC, PSP and so on) via any torrent uploaded on any torrent server. the worldwide and my favourite (actually one of the best ones) is The Pirate Bay.

-any comments about piracy and breaking copyright law like posting links on torrent blogs are not allowed
-shashank already said it

cool boy says:

hey guys my magicgate is Unknown…so can my memory card run iso n cso…??

cool boy says:

hey guys i have downloaded 5.03gen but its not working…
help me out… :?:

richard says:

hello again are the ones they are selling in stores are still 5.03 version?pls reply ASAP thanks

cool boy says:

yeah i guess

coolboy
magicgate unknown = DO NOT INSTALL ANY HACKING PROGRAM it’s written in the top of the tutorial, please read carefuly, just buy another card with magicgate supported (sandisk, sony etc.)

downloading 5.03 gen is not enough, you have to install official firmware 5.03, then install chickhen then install 5.03 gen-a full, it’s written in the tutorial (hey man are you joking me?) please read carafuly

richard:
yea, there should be, just ask a seller in store

cool boy says:

is there no other way out ?? :cry: :sad:

i can buy a new card but what i will do with my 4gb card…

zia says:

sell that out to a looser im sure u will be able to do some thin 4gb is large some one will surely purchase it from u but anyway u still will be in a total loss :lol:

@Coolboy

You want to risk your precious PSP getting bricked with the fake memory card :shock: . Just get a new original one dude. Sandisk is preferred as they are 30-40% cheaper than original sony pro duo cards and perform almost equal, they are specially made for sony products by Sandisk and comes in a sealed package, under no circumstances you should go for opened memory card. Even if you are going for Sony only go for sealed package.. one more thing chances of getting a fake sony is more than chances of getting fake sandisk

@Richard

The newer models will have the latest firmware, go to some shops having old stock of PSP and get it,anything below 5.03 will do. The newer models might be hacked but it might take another 4-6 months and its not a guarantee that they will be hacked as sony is fixing the loopholes with every upcoming firmware.

@Neon
you are doing a great job dude, these comments will help the people in need a lot.

@Zia
plz don’t post links to torrent sites, in this advanced age of google :wink: , just tell them to google it.

richard says:

can i ask how can u know the version of the unit pls tell me.ASAP coz im buying later today

Michael says:

I followed everything and got everything right and already had 3 iso and cso games but when I try to start them, they show a message saying that the game couldn’t start or something. :sad:

Michael says:

It says game could not be started
(80020321)

Michael says:

No its fine I got it now:)

Jaidev says:

hi guys.. i heard tht there’s another way fore hackin psp 3000.. thts by running Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60 after installing chicken.. heard this methord is simpler thn 5.03GEN-a Custom Firmware methord.. any idea about this?

@Richard
you can know that only after opening the PSP and going to settings->system info

you should ask the shop from where you are getting the psp, they know these things, just don’t order any latest model and make the sure the date of import is a little old.

mine month of import was july 2009 and it was with firmware 5.01

@Michael
I am glad you get it yourself
for others having the same question, press SELECT button in Game->memory stick and change driver to M33 driver

@Jaidev
yes i heard about this method but didn’t get a chance to try it, and i am happy with this method for now. If I ever try to use that method I will definitely update this tutorial or create a new post… as of now i can’t say much.

richard says:

hi ive done it thanks to this tutorial but theres another problem.coz i bought a 4gb card, if i want to change it to higher memory (ex.8 gb).is there anything particular thing to do again? or should i hacked it again or? anything more to do?pls responce

chirag says:

:grin:

i have 2gb sony memory card can i crack my psp 3004?????
or i have 2 buy 8gb card????

MARK says:

<p>hey this is the best i now have 52 iso games but i had i to buy a lot of memory sticks.</p>
<p>I HAVE MY OWN HACKING WEBSITE NOW:<br />

<p>I ALREADY HVE 4008 VIEWS </p>
<p>RATED IN THE TOP 100 OF THE WORLD</p>

Saurav says:

Hello
I got my PSP hacked from a shop in system software it showed GEN-A full 5.03 and i shut down it and the hack is gone how can I re hack it?
can i re hack it by this tutorial,if not can you tell me how can i re hack it? PLEASE

Saurav says:

In my computer it is showing LAUNCH-ME.GUI insted of LAUNCH-ME.EXE

MARK says:

dont do this one go to the websie i published above u will get all the info

Saurav says:

In my computer when i open LAUNCH-ME it shows a .NET Framework Initialization Error and asks to install version of .Net Framework:v2.0.50727

PLEASE HELP ME :cry:

Saurav says:

Hey Dude :wink:
Thanks I Hacked My PSP :shock: :smile:

Lloyd says:

uhmm i’m trying to hack my psp? when i 1st had it i can play games on it but accidentally i shut it down not knowing that the i won’t be able to play games on it anymore… can i use this trick to my play games on my psp again? you said that you need a memory stick of 8gb and magic gate supported but i’m using a 4 gb magic gate: unknown can i still use this to run the program my firmware is already 5.03 can i use this or not?

dhruv says:

hey dude………did dis work………plzz tell

is dre nething 2 do which isnt mentioned in dis guide…??

saurav:
read the tutorial carefully, you must not switch your psp off with 5.03 GEN-A hack, it will cause restart of psp system and your hack will be lost, you may also break your psp this way

abhijit says:

:smile: Hi,
i just bought PSP-3004 Piano Black Edition.
it has firmware version 5.01
will this tutorial help to hack my PSP?
i mostly want to play NES games on psp and also want to read pdf books.

will this void my warranty?
is there any harm in doing the hacking process?

Thanks

MARK says:

@lloyd:
do not try to hack your PSP read the tutorial properly if it is magic gate unknown it will not work u better buy a new memory stick

@abhijit:
this tutorial will surely help u to hack your PSP,there is no harm in hacking and nothing will happen to your warranty

MARK says:

@DHRUV:
YES DUDE THIS WORKED AND STOP WORRYING

for everyone (sorry for caps):

PLEASE STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER, IT’S REALLY ANNOYING, JUST READ THE TUTORIAL IT’S SO SIMPLE IT CAN BE DONE BY A FUCKTARD!!! STOP ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE – I HAVE THIS FIRMWARE CAN I HACK IT? I HAVE PSP CAN I HACK IT? WILL IT WORK? WHAT CAN I USE THIS HACK FOR?

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS WRITTEN IN THE TUTORIAL

you need for beginning
PSP 3000
OFFICIAL SONY FIRMWARE 5.03 INSTALLED
MEMORY CARD WITH MAGIC-GATE SUPPORT

you need while hacking
PSP 3000
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OFFICIAL FIRMWARE WITH CHICKHEN TO MAKE FROM IT 5.03 CHICKHEN SYSTEM
CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHICKHEN SYSTEM WITH 5.03 GEN-A (FULL) HACK TO MAKE IT 5.03 GEN-A (FULL) HACKED SYSTEM

===ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS WRITTEN IN THE TUTORIAL===
===IT WORKS===
===DONT SWITCH OFF YOUR PSP OR YOU ARE RISKING BREAKING IT===
===YOU HAVE TO TRY OVER AND OVER TO LOAD CHICKHEN – IT USUALLY DOESNT WORK ON THE FIRST TRY===

i dont know if you read the tutorial people, because question like – i have psp 3000 with firmware 5.01 can i hack my psp with this firmaware is absolutely stupis because after reading several sentwnces at the beginning of tutorial you will read THAT YOU CAN NOT HACK IT WITH 5.01 FIRMWARE

bawer says:

nice 1 bro absolutely it works but the problem is if u don’t have patient on doing this guys don’t think of hacking ur psp3004…it works on my psp….but when i try to do this tutorial in friends psp it really annoys me…but keep it up brother…

Godbless!

neon4 says:

hey shashank or anybody, maybe it happened to you, my psp restarted whie i was playing one game i dont understand it….. how can i reinstall hack? again try it over and over to load?

neon4 says:

lol i asked the same stupid question, i know… omg it’s so fucked

neon4 says:

ok i know iam talking to myself but iam little retard. i got it again :D

neon4 says:

yes thank you shashank, i have it again and i maybe found out how to do it easier than 50 or 20 tries
if psp restarts and your hack is lost then do it this way

Format Memory Card -> Then install all those hacking files again and follow the tutorial again
ChickHEN = Photo -> Get fast to chickhen folder -> fast scroll down to the last picture ,,slim”
if it doiesnt work at the first try then do it again it took me 3 tries this time

don’t forget to reset you settings after formating!!!! (Restore default settings)
don’t forget also to swithch UMD auto start and umd cache OFF after formating!!!!

you can save some of your data before formating of course by copying it to the computer etc…

MARK says:

i have same problem and neon every one knows what u said

bawer says:

hmmm…i’ve done modifying my friends psp but the problem is it can run a cso file….when i compare my psp and my friends psp i check the system information instead of 5.03 M33 in my psp while the other is 5.03 GEN-A (full)… do you think that’s the reason y it can’t run any .cso file?????

pong_pagong says:

will this really work?
are there any side effects?

neon4 says:

pong_pagong: (nice nick heh :D )
yes it works if you do it correctly, side effects? maybe that you must not switch your psp off or your hack will be lost but there aren’t any other side effects.
just ensure you have psp 3000, memory card with magicgate support and 5.03 official firmware and there wouldn’t be any problems

neon4 says:

hey people, do you know homebrew application called PMVsubfolder? it’s really nice and i’d like to have it but i dont know how to install it, in the folder there wasnt any read me file and i just dont know what to do. does anyone know?

bawer says:

how about the situation that im facing rightnow???

bawer
i dont understand your problem, you mean that your psp has 5.03 m33 CFW? it can be the reason, you can not run some games on 5.03 m33 and are you sure you have enabled your UMD ISO MODE – M33 driver

(press select in main menu of psp)

shashwat says:

In step 2 when i click on the photo it shows me an image and nothing happens.

Trackbacks

1. PSP 3003 CFW, a brick :-( - PSP Slim Hacks - PSP Forums
  2. PSP 3004 - Hack it - PSP Slim Hacks - PSP Forums
  3. Derutat.. - My Garage
  4. Resolved Question: The new PSP Go is just stupid? | PSP Price - Best Video Game Console Reviews