Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G/iPhone 3G OS 3.0 with Redsn0w Version 0.7 [Windows and Mac]

20 June 2009 By Shashank

Our favorite iPhone Dev Team has done it again, they have released another wonderful version 0.7 of Redsn0w which is capable of Jailbreaking your iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 2G/3G for the latest Apple OS 3.0 software. After the new Apple OS 3.0 for iPod Touch and iPhone, new Redsn0w release was inevitable and we were waiting for it to happen, now you can update your iPod Touch/iPhone to the latest firmware 3.0(Download here) and jailbreak it with Redsn0w 0.7(Download links below) version to get the  jailbreaking goodness of third party apps.

Download  Free Jailbreaking Tool for iPod Touch 2G OS 3.0

Download Redsn0w 0.7 for Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 Bit

Alternate download link for Redsn0w OS 3.0 for Windows

Download Redsn0w 0.7 for Mac OS X

Alternate download link for Redsn0w OS 3.0 for Mac

Official iPhone Dev Blog

Unlock and Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS is still  not available  as of yet, Current Redsn0w version 0.7 will work with iPod Touch 1G/2G, iPhone 2G/3G.

Redsn0w version 0.7 was unstable and crashing, iPhone Dev Team has updated Redsn0w to Version  0.7.1 which is working perfectly.

Important update: Download updated Redsn0w 0.7.1 version from torrent

Alternate download link for Redsn0w OS 3.0 V 0.7.1 for Windows

Update: Redsn0w latest version 0.7.2 download

Redsn0w for Windows version 0.7.2

1. iPod Touch 2G Jailbreak: Redsn0w Semi-Tethered Version Released
  2. Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G Windows and Mac with Redsn0w [Tethered]
  3. Upgrade iPod Touch Firmware to OS 3.0 for Free [iPhone OS 3.0 Download Links]
  4. How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G in Windows XP/ Vista Master Tutorial
  5. iPod Touch 2G Untethered Jailbreak Tutorial for Windows XP and Windows Vista
New Softwares 13 comments

CM-newjailbreaker says:

Awesome, Redsn0w and the dev team have outdone themselves with this. It took 3 minutes and no commandline or anything just follow some VERY basic instructions.

iFare$` says:

thaaaaaanxx very much

that’s great

InitToWinit says:

thanks, great news for ipod touch users. Does anyone know if we’re supposed to update to os 3.0 then jailbreak? or use redsn0w to update? little unsure, thanks

Si says:

After using RedSnow my phone ( after a reboot ) just shows a the loading circle that flashes with the Apple logo, this was broken with 0.7.1

Any idea why its doing this, I have to keep restoring the OS to OEM to get it to work correctly.

Any help would be much apreciated…

Or it may be just i have a stubbon iPhone and it doesn’t like the new 3.0 ??

Si says:

Ref to InitToWinit:- I upgraded my iphone thru iTunes, but for a ipod to upgrade you have to pay for the new OS from apple ( in the UK – not sure about anywhere else in the world )

CM-newjailbreaker says:

Guys/girls, Download the 3.0 firmware and in itunes press [Shift + Restore] and select the firmware you downloaded.

Use Redsn0w AFTER you have updated to Firmware 3.0.

have fun!

-N00B- says:

Will RedSnow 0.7.1 Upgrade/Downgrade or change the bootloader for the IPods?
I currently have an Ipod Touch 2G running 3.0.

Si says:

Redsn0w does jainbrake a 2g ipod running 3.0, i did this lat night using verion 0.7.1 i downloaded the OS firmware from Mininova ( as UK users Still have to pay for it before they can download it )

This version worked a treat with out any problems what so ever. 😉

-N00B- says:

I have hacked my iPod before on 2.2.1 but I wanted to upgrade so I downloaded the firmware from a site I have bookmarked and restored. So I’ll wait for the proper hack to come out. MY QUESTION IS: Will RedSnow 0.7.1 Upgrade/Downgrade or change the bootloader for the IPods?

Si says:

As with all Jailbrake programs ( Redsn0w, Qwkpwn etc ) they don’t downgrade, they only reinstall a modified code that the ipod / iphone reads as genuine OEM Software.

As for bootloader, to be honest i’m not to sure myself. but it does work on 3.0 installed iPods ( 2G )

Nick says:

i have ipod touch 2g and firmware 3.0

hey every 1 my jailbreak is funnying great just 1 thing id like to pint oout then u jailbreak it u cant install cydia and icy at once just pick cydia

hope this helps 😛

Nick says:

hey agian sorry for the mistakes
my jailbreak is turning out great just 1 thing id like to point out. when u jailbreak ur ipod toouch/iphone u cant install cydia and icy at once just pick cydia

1. Tech, Web, How to, Internet, Computer, Free Software, Tips, Make Money Online with AhTim