Earlier we have seen how to customize Windows XP and Vista to look like Windows 7. We have also learnt how to change clock in XP and Vista to Windows 7 style and how to get Windows 7 calculator in earlier versions of windows. Today we will focus on how to get Windows 7 look alike Taskbar.
Before that the most important thing to know is what’s so different about Windows 7 taskbar. Well, it has got all new iconized taskbar i.e. Windows 7 taskbar does not show text in application buttons instead only their icons. This will really save the space in taskbar area and it will not get cluttered with open windows’ buttons.
Just follow these very simple steps:-
- Go to RUN, type regedit and hit Enter. This will open Registry Editor for you.
- Now browse through the location – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.
- Click on Edit -> New -> String value.
- Rename it to MinWidth and set its value to -255.
- Restart your computer and after that you will see whole new taskbar in your system.
- If you want to revert back to original taskbar, just delete that MinWidth string value through Registry Editor.
Check Out Related Posts:
- Get Windows 7 System Tray Date and Time in Windows XP and Vista
- Run your old DOS programs with config.sys settings on Xp, Vista
- How to Get Windows 7 Calculator in Windows Vista
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker – Tweak Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Free Download AVG Anti-Virus 8.5 for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7