All Windows 7 users might have noticed that there are very few themes available for customization. But if you are not content with those default themes, the good news is there are few hidden themes in Windows 7 as well. Microsoft has restricted the availability of these to certain regional countries only such as Australia, Canada, Great Britain, United States and South Africa. I don’t know why they have done so but in spite of that you can get easy access to those hidden and locked themes by just following the below mentioned simple steps.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Organize, select Folder and Search Option and navigate to the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drivers and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
- Click OK when you are done and browse to the folder – \Windows\Globalization\MCT\.
- You will find 5 folders in this path. Each folder represents different countries and also contains one subfolder by the name Theme where you will find all the hidden themes meant only for those countries.
- Go inside each folder and open the subfolder Theme.
- Double click on the XX.theme file (‘XX’ is AU, CA, GB, US, or ZA) to apply the theme to your own current version of Windows 7.
Once a theme is executed and activated, it will be available in Personalization settings.
Note:- Don’t forget to hide the hidden and protected system files and folders again.
Check Out Related Posts:
- How to Get Windows 7 Calculator in Windows Vista
- Free Windows Vista Mobile Theme for E61i (Compatible with most of the Symbian S60 phones)
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker – Tweak Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G in Windows XP/ Vista Master Tutorial
- 5GB Free Online Storage Space With Microsoft SkyDrive