HCL presents EC2 data recovery technology

27 April 2007 By Shashank

data recovery
India’s premier I.T company HCL has developed a new technology that can recover the data from a crashed system and that too in less than minute.The technology named HCL’s EC2 (Embedded continuity and control) boasts of consuming only 0.07 percent of space to create snapshots.The new series of HCL laptops sports this latest technology which comes under the name HCL Non Stop ‘Leaptop’ series ,these laptops will be able to recover the lost data completely in case of system crash and data loss problems .

(Click on Read more to expand)

How this technology works?
The technology is software with a component embedded in the hardware that automatically stores and replicates ‘a complete image of its own working state’ of a file including system files at regular intervals.

‘Research has shown that 95 percent of PC problems are software related and include accidental deletion, software corruption, problems of settings changes, virus-related system crashes,’ said George Paul, HCL Infosystems executive vice-president.

What it can do ?
This technology will be able to recover data in case of :

-System crash
-System corruption by viruses, spyware or Trojans
-Accidental formatting of any of the hard disk partitions
-Corruption of registry files & folders
-Blue screen errors
-System unstability after patch updates

The new technology is compatible with Windows Vista and previous versions.
The Price of laptops with this technology starts from Rs.27,990/- and is optional for desktops and laptops so that users have a choice.

1. Zinc Technology : Ink less printing
  2. MSI M677 Crystal Collection Laptops:CeBIT 2007
  3. IBM invents vertical stacking (sandwich) technology
  4. Hybrid MH80 HDD by Samsung.
  5. Terabyte revolution: Mempile’s Teradisk(Optical media) technology
Laptops, Latest Technology 65 comments

Comments

Sunil Dargar says:

I purchased a HCL PC with preloded EC2 s/w. due to mishappening the s/w was uninstalled from control panel.
after restart the pc i found that pc went to the first snap of EC2, that was more then three months ago. my all drives of harddisk is blank now. how i can get my data. i think EC2 is not a data preventing s/w it is a data wiping s/w

SHABAB NAQVI says:

can i download free EC2 IF YES SO HOW CAN I DO IT PLZ SUGGEST ME UP

SHABAB NAQVI says:

πŸ‘Ώ

vasu babu says:

i have ec2 in my pc the data which is store got effected by virus so can i download free EC2 IF YES SO HOW CAN I DO IT PLZ SUGGEST ME UP

vasu babu says:

i have ec2 in my pc the data which is store got effected by virus so if possible please kindly send the dump of the product through post. I do have the registration number and ID of the product

thanking you,

Aditya says:

i had EC2 tech. in my laptop but it was effected by virus
so how can i download EC2 software

aditya says:

πŸ™„

udyachal says:

i have laptop with ec2..but it got disactivate after one month….can i activate it without connecting my laptop with internet……….

sourav says:

one HCL PC with preloded EC2 s/w. due to mishappening the s/w was uninstalled from control panel.
after restart the pc i found that pc went to the first snap of EC2, that was more then six months ago. my all drives of harddisk is blank now. how i can get my data.
the data was very much important.
EC2 verson was 9.0

s.g.doss says:

i had EC2 tech. in my pc but it was effected by virus
so how can i download EC2 software

prajul says:

you all contact your nearest service center given in your users manual.they will send you the software for free. :mrgreen:

Swapna Venkataraman says:

I am quite happy with EC2. Two suggestions for good use
Set restoration for C Drive and not D Drive. Store important Data in D Drive. So that when system is affected and recovered, data is not lost. This software is an effective go back software

Second, keep updating restore point once in a while

Swapna Venkataraman says:

Dear Sourav,

The fact that you were able to go back to six month back situation shows how powerful the software is. The mistake you did was that you did not update restore points.

The trick in effective usage of EC2 is to update restore points often, when the machine is in a known good condition.

Aditya Chandra says:

Dear S G Doss

If you have EC2 active in your HCL PC and your computer gets affected by virus or sneaking software which you cannot remove, just restore – assuming you have set a restore point when machine was ingood shape. You will go back in time and get to the data condition of the last restore point date. If the date was very old then first store data elsewhere, restore and copy data back

jayant says:

I Want to download HCLEC

Main Hoon Na says:

I also want EC2 for a wipro super genius pchttp://www.techlivez.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Pankaj Mehra says:

can i download free EC2 IF YES SO HOW CAN I DO IT PLZ SUGGEST ME UP.

smriti says:

i already hv EC2 in my PC….but due to certain reasons , i hd to format it. and due to that my EC2 hd been removed, plz tell me how to get it back.
thanx.

Pintu Parui says:

i had EC2 tech. in my Desktop but it was effected by virus
so how can i download EC2 software

mukesh says:

I have the HCL laptop.
How can i download the ec2 tech software?
please suggest the option.
I need it realy.

mark says:

rakesh says:

ec2 recovery softwear

Mukesh Kumar says:

after restart the pc i found that pc went to the first snap of EC2, that was more then four months ago. my all drives of harddisk is blank now. how i can get my data. i think EC2 is not a data preventing s/w it is a data wiping s/w

issac says:

:mrgreen: Can i download the Ec2 technology for free and where. Please send me the download link.
Thank you!!!

raushan singh says:

i buy a laptop but my antivires is not get update
please send me the link that how i can update my avg antivires
THANKS

brijmohan says:

i tried to uninstall EC2 and my system was restored to company setting. all my data was lost. all pictures of my digital camera were gone. even EC2 was not there to recover it. Windows system restore could not recover it. what can i do? help me. where are you HCL peoples. why you made such a horrible software and not even bothered to explain to the customer the pros and cons of it. please help somebody.

ALOK says:

IHAVE A LAPTOP OF HCL I WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE EC2 TECH. FOR MY LAPTOP.SO PLZ SUGGEST ME.

Radhakrishnan says:

i have lose my HCL EC2 desktop motherboard CD.how can i download the CD.. please help me.

JAKEER HUSSAIN says:

i purchased hcl ec2 preloaded system. due to some problems i formateed my system but i searched from last one year for ec2 software. so please suggest me

pappu mallick says:

RespectedSir/Madam
three month before i purchase h cl desktop.but hcl sales man Mr.shekher didn”t give me ec2 software with desktop so what i do ,Please suggest me

anupam says:

kindly send me the link to download the hcl EC2 technology

kirankumar says:

sir iam intrested to give a seminor on EC2technology,Can give me the regarding documentation to my id with in aday,Of minimum 25pages. tankhing you.

jeelani says:

I WANT DOWNLOAD EC2 SOFTWARE

shiv says:

I NEED THE EC2 TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE FOR MY HCL P38

Sachin says:

WHAT IS HCL EC2 TECHNOLOGY DYNAMIC BUFFER PROMPT & HOW TO REMOVE THIS?

Rajender Singh says:

i purchased hcl ec2 preloaded system. due to some problems i formateed my system but i searched from last one year for ec2 software. please provide the link to download this software.

k.l.setia says:

i purchased hcl ec2 preloaded system. due to some problems i formateed my system. Now how can i install ecw. can u help me.

pisty says:

please help me to get hcl ec2 s/w for my lap top

harish says:

sir ,
help me downloading the ec2 software or hcl touch

thanks

monalisa says:

sir i m going to give seminar on EC2 technology,can u give me the regarding documentation and information of about 30 pages within 3 days..thanking u

Jai says:

Here is the link of download

On this page click on the free user and after 1 or 2 minutes press on the download button.
If any question please contact me at jaiparkash345@gmail.com i m on orkut also.so be happy now

nilesh says:

i have a hcl laptop,but i will not use ec2 technology bcoz ec2 tech. need a password and i have no password,so what can i do,can u suggest,how can use my ec2 tech. thanks…………….i wait for u r reponse…..

honey says:

hello friends main ek assembled system use kar raha hun jis par maine vista home basic install kar rakhi hai main hacl ec2 ki tarah apni vista ko restore karna chahta hun mera matlab factory restore karna chahta hun please koi aisa software yan fir koi way batao jis se ye kaam ho sake aur speed se not time wasing

i am using a assembled pc with windows vista home basic how i can restore windows to its default settings please tell me………….

saini hacker says:

i prefer u touse windows active boot disk for data recovery or password related problems and it has so much if it…..really i got my problem solved when i lost 320 gb of data and recovered by that disk….

saini hacker says:

go here to recover your data deleted from your hard disk or formatted..by mstake ihttp://look8bal.blogspot.com/

Nagarjun says:

dear Sir,

i have installed hcl ec2 software and given the password 4 months ago, but now i forgoten the password how can i retrive that password, Please help me in this..

abhineet says:

i am having a problem with the new version of ec2. Earlier version had the feacture of choosing the drive which i wanted to take snapshoot or restore. now at the time of installation it asked me

……….”Setup will display a settings window for selecting the list of drives to be protected, configuring security password and selecting destination folder for the installation. After setting all parameters, click on β€œNext” to continue.”………..

but when i take snapsoot or restore the system it does the asked work for the hole system…it doesn’t ask for specific drive or choose the drive to which i want to take snapshoot or restore the system…

so please help in this matter

sonal says:

The download of HCL EC2 TECHNOLOGY from the Rapidshare link is not working…PLEASE suggest some other download link friends πŸ™

sir ,
help me downloading the ec2 software or hcl touch

thanks

Imran says:

hai friends what is hcl ec2

shaki kumar says:

sir, i have purchage a hcl laptop in which hclec2 technology of data recovery pre installed but when i partition my hard disk then it was uninstalled but when i again re installed it was not installed again so please guide me and if possible please sent me this softwere for 32 bit .system

SACHIN MOTA, MUMBAI says:

I have a HCL Desktop with EC2 , due to snapshots ans windows updates by C drive space was increasing, after consultation with HCL support i use EC2 technology to optimize my C drive disk space, The space was optimized by around 8 GB made free, BUT along with that i lost my all data in E drive which became inaccessible and needed to be formatted , I HATE EC2

ASHISH EKKA , ORISSA says:

ANYBODY CAN TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD HCL EC2

rakesh says:

sir , i due to virus problem i format my laptop.my laptop was come with inbuilt ec2 service loaded.now when i installing the ec2 software it takes so many hours by showing message “WRITING PROGRAM DATA LAYER” .Pl help me in the installation of ec2 software.

tabish says:

i just want to know how can we take snapshot in booting mode of hcl ec2.

laxman says:

I purchased a HCL PC with preloded EC2 s/w. due to mishappening the s/w was deleted. so plz tell me can i download free EC2 IF YES SO HOW CAN I DO IT PLZ SUGGEST ME UP.

manoj says:

i hav recently found hcl’s ec2 recovery sofware. it is working in preboot enviornment and extremely useful whenever the system failed to boot / os corruptions / it simply resotore the hdd image from the snapsots by pressing f9 function key. but i heard that it can be installed only on hcl system and installation can only be done by hcl. is it true..?
whether i can install the ec2 software in my own assembled system.?

is there any alternate to the above sofware ? (paid or freeware)
__________________
Living for Learning & Learning for Living

Brij sharma says:

dear sr
i face problem with EC2 current dynamic buffer prompt in my pc please helpme toresolve this error

regards
Brij

Brij sharma says:

hi.

ramana says:

Hi I am having HCL ec2 system there is happen in the system taken snap shot all the resent data has lost .
How to recover the data

simbu says:

Sir,
In my pc some windows file is missed and it shown the error of,put os cd & select 1st repair option
so i put os cd and start repair after i opened my pc my user profile is not showing now what can i do sr pls inform needful my mail under in c drive only sir pls find and tell solution for this 1 sir

Thanks & Regards,
A. Simbu

harsh kumar says:

this is good technology but how can i download this software.pls give me link to download this soft.